High value, low environmental impact
Available in its natural form, Polyhalite (marketed as Polysulphate® fertilizer) is UK-sourced and has a low carbon footprint. It delivers dependable high value, for low environmental impact.
Unlike blended or compound fertilizer, Polysulphate is available in its natural state. It is mined, crushed, screened and bagged, involving no chemical separation or other industrial processes.
It is therefore an ideal natural source for all crops, especially brassicas, cereals, pulses, field vegetables, clover-rich grassland leys and silage crops.
The low content of the crop nutrient chloride makes it ideal for use on chloride-sensitive crops.
The natural process by which Polysulphate is produced makes it a low carbon footprint fertilizer. This helps growers achieve carbon targets demanded by retailers and some food processors.
There’s an estimated one billion tonnes available, mined in the UK. As global demand for sulphate fertilizers increases, this provides farmers throughout Europe and the world with a dependable source, rather than a by-product material.
- Licensed as a sulphur fertilizer approved for organic use by the Soil Association in UK
- Registered in the list of production facilities for organic farming in Germany by FiBL
(Research Institute of Organic Agriculture)
- Product listed in the BIO fertilizers Italian register as per D. Lgs. 75/2010
- Polysulphate Standard and Granular Grades are OMRI listed for organic use in USA
- PolysulphateStandard and Granular Grades are listed on the OMRI Canada Products List
- Products are compliant with Regulation (EC) 889/2008 governing organic production
- Polysulphate has been listed on http://ap.ecocert.com/intrants in the international list of inputs allowed for organic farming according to EC 834/2007, NOP and JAS Regulation
- Polysulphate is registered in the Dutch inputs list for organic farming
- Standard and Granular Polysulphate is approved for use in organic farming by the Plant Protection and Inspection Services (PPIS) of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Israel
- Polysulphate is approved and listed by InfoXgen as farm input on the basis of the EU Organic Regulation (Austria).
- Polysulphate is confirmed by Biokontroll Hungária Nonprofit Kft. for use in organic farming in accordance with Council Regulation (EC) No. 834/2007 and Commission Regulation (EC) No. 889/2008.